Ethernet address lookup

ggordon at bbn.com ggordon at bbn.com
Sat Dec 8 11:52:00 AEST 1990

Could anyone tell me a way to find the physical ethernet address of a
machine running SunOS? I need a way to do it from inside a C program so I
can determine it for a machine at runtime.

[[Ed's Note: The archives on titan contain a C program that pulls the
physical ethernet address from a machine. The author's introduction is
included in v9n284, and the location is given below. Minimally, you should
be able to use the code to see how to pull the information you need in a C
program. -bdg]]

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : enet.shar

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source enet.shar

Thanks in advance,
    Geoff Gordon

PS: please send replies to ggordon at bbn.com, I will summarize and post to
    the net. GG