Problem with curses

Michael Morse mmorse at nsf.gov
Wed Dec 5 13:00:00 AEST 1990

I am working on a program that uses System V curses on a Sun 386i.  The
problem I have is that the getch function is not passing the ESC character
through to my program.  According to the documentation, when the ESC is
typed, curses sets a timer.  If no character matching a keypad sequence is
received before the timer expires, then ESC should be passed to the
program.  My program justs sits there forever after ESC is pressed.

Has anybody seen this?  Any help would be appreciated.  I've RTFM.  If you
have a simple program that can read an ESCape key from the terminal (and
also properly interprets the keypad keys) I'd like to see it.

I have tried to compile this without System V and can't get the program to
load.

Michael Morse                           Internet: mmorse at note.nsf.gov
National Science Foundation               BITNET: mmorse at NSF