automounter on diskless clients

Peter Gray pdg at cs.uow.edu.au
Mon Dec 10 14:32:10 AEST 1990

I am having trouble getting automount to work on a diskless machine using
the builtin hosts map.  Manual mounts and non-builtin maps work fine.

Does anybody have automount working on a diskless machine with the builtin
maps and did you have to do something special to get it to work? We are
running NIS using netgroups to define export permissions on the servers.

Any help appreciated.
Peter Gray                    Internet: pdg at draci.cs.uow.EDU.AU
Professional Officer          UUCP:     ...!munnari!draci.cs.uow.EDU.AU!pdg
Dept of Computer Science      MHSnet:   pdg at draci.cs.uow.oz.au
University of Wollongong      Phone: +61 42 270770
N.S.W.  2500  Australia       Fax :  +61 42 297768