Sunlink and X25

Stephen Harris tharr!sweh at relay.eu.net
Tue Dec 11 02:14:02 AEST 1990

I have recently installed Sunlink X25 on a SparcStation 1+ (OS4.1).  This
seems to work perfectly, and the pad program connects me quite happily to
the sites I request.  The problem is that I *need* desperatey to get UUCP
working over this link.  The machine is in Greece where the telephone
lines are terrible.  The X25 line is dedicated line of a good quality.

I can envision two ways of doing this:

	1) write a 'pseudo tty' daemon which provides a filename in /dev
	   and converts this to the X25
	2) Have a version of UUCP which understands X25.

Presently the UUCP will only be for calling out, but I can see a near
future where I will need it to accept incoming as well - this shouldn't be
too hard since the x29 program will support a normal login, allowing
uucico to be run.

Any suggestions and help are urgently needed.  Please email.

	Thanks in advance,
    			     Stephen Harris
Disclaimer: me have an opinion?     | Email: ..!ukc!axion!tharr!sweh
            What an idea!	    |        sweh%tharr.uucp at uk.co.bt.axion
Wanted: humour transplant           |        tharr!sweh at uk.ac.ukc
     <-- tharr *free* public access to Usenet in the UK 0234 261804 -->