tn3270 for Openwindows

Denis DeLaRoca delaroca at sakabu.oac.ucla.edu
Sun Dec 30 12:04:00 AEST 1990

I don't know of any OpenWindows-specific tn3270s but the standard tn3270
does run quite happily under OpenWindows. The problem is that, for me at
least, is that bolding is achieved by reversing, i.e. on my monochrome
screen bolding yields a white on black display, quite ugly really. The
same problem does exist when running under Sunview, but in this case one
is unable to change Sunview's defaults to display TTY bolding by smearing,
yielding thus a more pleasing display.

So my question is, does anybody know how to modify display window
attributes under OpenWindows? There's some sort of defaults settings but
for my monochrome system it doesn't include any controls for TTY display
attributes... on color systems one is apparently able to change collor
settings.