Sparcengine 1E serial pinout needed

Donny E. Closson asuvax!romed!donny at ncar.ucar.edu
Tue Dec 11 05:53:17 AEST 1990

In article <636 at brchh104.bnr.ca> bob at psitech.com (Bob Posert) writes:
>I just received three Sparcengine 1e's, and the docs are "on the way." I'd
>like to get the diagnostics, etc. going, but the serial connectors use a
>vga (like an IBM pc) connector.  The local Sun office doesn't know the
>pinouts.  Can the net be of help?

	From top-bottom, left-right pins are:
	8 - RxTC ;  7 - DCD ;  6 - RTS
	5 - Rxd  ;  4 - GND ;  3 - Txd
	2 - CTS/RxC    ;    1 - DTR

	hope this helps!

Donny E. Closson                                              donny at romed.uucp
MicroAge Computer Centers, Inc.                        ..mit-eddie!romed!donny
Technical Services Group                             ..sun!sunburn!romed!donny
Tempe, AZ                                                   ..ucsd!romed!donny
(602) 968-3168 Ext 2216                                   ..asuvax!romed!donny