After Dark Rose Module

torok at nynexst.com torok at nynexst.com
Sun Dec 9 09:07:00 AEST 1990

A few weeks ago I posted a request for the source or algorithm for the
Rose Module (on the Macintosh) so I could translate it to the Sun.

I have received a reply from the developers of After Dark stating that the
source (for the Rose module) is not available to the public and that the
algorithm is a "linear combination of sinusoids; that's all you need to
know."

Great.

So I am in the process of writing my own version from "scratch".  I am now
about 3/4 done with my mimic of the Rose module.  Currently it has color
and has the rotating "spiral" that moves closer & farther from the center.
I have still to add the "floral" patterns at semi-random intervals, and
the out-of-phase algorithm (from one point to the next).  I figure about a
week since I am only working on this 15 minutes a day or so.

If you are interested in getting a copy of the source from me when I am
done, reply to me at "torok at nynexst.com"

I am writing this on a SparcStation 1+, and it runs fast enough that I
have to put in a delay loop.  I hope that for the Sun 3 series it isn't
too slow.

Cheers,
David Torok, NYNEX Science & Technology, 914-683-2378 Fax: 914-683-2211
500 Westchester Ave, room 2B19, White Plains, NY 10604  "torok at nynexst.com"