WANTED: QIC 24 tape drive for Sparcstation 1+

Andy Hall ncduk!andyh at relay.eu.net
Sun Dec 30 12:04:00 AEST 1990

I am looking for a QIC 24 type tape drive to run with the above machine so
that I can produce as well as read 60Mb cartridges.  The Sparcstation 1+
tape option that we have uses a 150Mb tape drive that will only write
150Mb tapes.  Sun tells me that they don't have a readily available
supported solution.  There is apparently an old type of drive but I guess
they feel that they don't want to guarantee support on future releases of
SunOS.

Currently the system is equipped with two external SCSI boxes (one with
150Mb tape and 300Mb disk, the other with 300Mb disk only); there are no
internal drives.   O/S is SunOS 4.1

It was suggested by Sun that I try 3rd party resellers of Sun compatible
peripherals.  Elsewhere I was given the names of CMS and Solflower as
companies that are in this market, but I don't have details of them.

Can anyone help or provide suggestions?

Andy Hall
andyh at ncd.com