WANTED: source for flyback xformers in Sun monitors

Alex Odyniec aodyniec at orion.oac.uci.edu
Thu Dec 20 13:27:28 AEST 1990

In <731 at brchh104.bnr.ca> zippy at chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Patrick Tufts) writes:

>I'm also interested.  I'd appreciate it if someone would post a good
>mail-order address for the video transformers.  I'm sure quite few have
>had Sun monitors die every once (twice, ten times :-) in a blue moon.

I just got a catalog from Computer Component Source, Inc. They list over
350 different flyback transformers, including 5 different part numbers for
Sun. They're $35 ea in single qty. That's cheap.  I haven't tried this
outfit yet and I'd appreciate feedback from someone who has. Their phone #
800-356-1227, fax # 800-926-2062.  BTW, an ad on the cover of their
catalog says: "come visit us at comdex Fall 90, booth #...." which tells
me that they're more than an overnight garage operation.

Alex Odyniec
UC Irvine