(Summary) Re: Changing the login message from telnetd

Michael Schmidt michael at uni-paderborn.de
Wed Dec 5 13:00:00 AEST 1990

Michael> Thanks to all who responded to my question on how to change
Michael> the login message put out by telnetd.

Michael> The most specific instructions to patch this came from Kurt
Michael> Schreiner.  I haven't actually tried them, since the benefit
Michael> didn't seem worth the maintenance headaches, but here they
Michael> are:

[patching in.telnetd with adb]

Why not "emacs in.telnetd", then "C-s SunOS" and then change the string
there. Gee, it is just editing a file!

      Michael Schmidt, FB 17, Uni-GH Paderborn, Warburgerstr. 100,
                     D-4790 Paderborn, West Germany
Mail:   michael at pbinfo.UUCP         or          michael at uni-paderborn.de