Jokes in SunOS include files (was Re: Well, then what is a 3/90?)

Guy Harris auspex!guy at uunet.uu.net
Thu Dec 20 06:14:16 AEST 1990

>By the way, if you're not totally humor-blind (like me) <sun4c/cpu.h> has
>a very funny little joke in it.  I really had to kick myself when I
>finally got it.

(Although the joke might be missed by folks not familiar with American -
or Canadian? - football)

And the 4.1 <mon/idprom.h> has the same joke, but with funnier
comments.... (even funnier if you're familiar with Dr. Seuss)

Note also, in <vm/as.h>, the name of the routine for which the AH_DIR,
AH_LO, AH_HI, and AH_CONTAIN flags are intended (yes, it was quite
deliberate; too bad AT&T's corporate censors renamed that routine in
S5R4...).