Setting up new network

Tim J Ihde tji at navaho.cc.bellcore.com
Sun Dec 30 12:04:00 AEST 1990

I'm about to be involved in setting up 10-15 new SS2s.  There is an
established network that we will be connecting to, but I'm wondering about
what kind of problems to expect, operating system differences, etc.

Most of my past experience has been with System V; on 3b2's and Vaxen.  I
have successfully set up both B&C netnews and smail on those systems.

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of suprises I should expect from the
SS2s, SunOS 4.1.1, and sendmail (I've used sendmail, but never tried to
set it up).  Any hints, suggestions, or warnings?

Tim J Ihde
try tim at tws4.UUCP or tim at attdso.att.com