Anyone using the BETA Release of Sunlink X.25 7.0??

Francis Dupont dupont at inria.inria.fr
Fri Dec 14 02:32:41 AEST 1990

In article <765 at brchh104.bnr.ca>, carnone at homxc.att.com (Christopher Arnone) writes:
> Is anyone out there using the BETA version of Sunlink X.25 Version 7.0?
> ... Can you please tell me if the dynamic IP to NTN number mapping feature
> is working so that SVCs can be used on demand to any IP hosts ?

The replacement of x25manager is available in France as a patch for
SunLink X.25 6.0. Its name is x25mgr, it supports :

o static VC management for IP over X.25 (same thing than old x25manager)
o dynamic VC management for IP over X.25 with :
  * establishment of VC on demand (with a lookup in a table for the mapping
    between "X.25 addresses" and IP addresses)
  * VC shutdown on timeout
o dynamic VC management for DDN networks
o dynamic VC management for OSI/CLNP

It is far better than x25manager :

o "parse only" command option (exits after parsing configuration)
o re-read of configuration file on hangup signal
o new parameters in listener and path sections :
   * linkid
   * local_x121
   * timeout (if dynamic)
   * pvc
   * reverse_charge
   * facilities (packet & window sizes, "thruputs", cug, rpoa)
o more reliable

The bad news : it is NOT available outside France (a new case of Sun user
support policy). I don't know the real reason ?

Francis.Dupont at inria.fr