Hard disk crash recovery

Dale Mensch intran!dale at uunet.uu.net
Sat Dec 1 08:16:17 AEST 1990

We are a Sun VAR (WYSIWYG front end for high-volume laser printers).  One
of our customers had a hard disk crash in a Sun 327 meg lunchbox.
Naturally :-(, their backup tapes have been reused & overwritten (at least
they CLAIM they made backups).

Does anyone out there know of (and preferably have experience with) a
company that will attempt to reconstruct data from a crashed UNIX hard
disk?  I know there are some PC and Macintosh hard disk recovery
operations, but I've never heard of any who can cope with inodes...

Any info at all is very welcome.  Email probably makes more sense: if
response warrants, I'll post summaries.

Dale Mensch-Xerox Corp/Intran Operation.-Mpls. MN.- uunet!intran!dale