Need help for installing KORTEX board on 386i

Jerome Bequignon jerome at furax.u-strasbg.fr
Sat Dec 8 11:52:00 AEST 1990

We want to run a DOS communication software called KORTEX on our
Sun386i/250.  This involves two steps :

1) adding a board (named KXTEL-2) from Kortex Inc.
2) running the program.

To achieve 1) we followed the Sun documentation :
- we installed the board,
- we edited the file /etc/dos/defaults/boards.pc and cleared the # sign
  at the beginning of the line COM2, with I/O range = 2f8 and IRQ = 3
  (default values),
- we started a DOS window and attached the device COM2.

When proceeding to step 2), the program said it didn't find the board.  We
tried also to use other ports, like COM3, etc, modifying the board
switches accordingly, without any success.  We checked the ring bit with
the debug program, and the ring appears to be correctly received.  The
same board works correctly on a standard 386 PC.

Is this board unusable on Sun386?  Did we do something wrong?  Any ideas
welcome!

Jerome Bequignon
E-mail : jerome at furax.u-strasbg.fr
Mail   : CSEM - 5, rue Rene Descartes - 67084 STRASBOURG CEDEX - FRANCE
Phone  : (+33) 88 60 50 63
Fax    : (+33) 88 61 67 47