SPARC crashes

BAILEY CHRISTOPHER R baileyc at tramp.Colorado.EDU
Sun Dec 9 09:07:00 AEST 1990

I have recently reconfigured the kernel on our SPARCstation 1.  I moved
the MAXUSERS from 8 to 24 because of memory inode problems (related to our
Ingres DBMS).  Anyway, we are now getting the following errors, before the
system crashes, and it crashes a few times a week now:

BAD TRAP
Perfmeter: Data fault
Kernal read fault at addr 0xff10a2c8, pme=0x0

Then the system crashes, and trys to reboot.  However, upon reboot, it
stops and says we need to run fsck then reboot again, we do this and it
works fine.  As long as I have worked for this company, the SPARC has
never been able to reboot itself without us running fsck manually.  Any
ideas???

Chris Bailey :: baileyc at tramp.Colorado.EDU :: University of Colorado Boulder