SunOS 4.1 bombs exiting SunView or OpenWindows

nobody at kodak.com nobody at kodak.com
Sat Dec 8 11:52:00 AEST 1990

In article <565 at brchh104.bnr.ca> jle at cfm.brown.edu (Jon  Elion) writes:
>We recently upgraded our Sun 3/470 to a Sun 4 (installing a 4/330 board).
>As part of this process, we also upgraded from SunOS 4.0.3 to SunOS 4.1.
>On most (but not all) occasions that we exit SunView, the system chokes
>and goes into an automatic reboot.

You may want to check your .login and .logout files.  You may be executing
something which was compiled for a Sun-3.  Also check the paths for every
thing you are executing,  you may have kept a path to Sun-3 code
somewhere.  If you ever try running Sunview as a Sun-3 executeable in a
SparcStation you will get almost the exact result you described.