4.1.1 is a full-install *only*?

Wolfgang Kuehnel pkinbg!caxwgk at relay.eu.net
Fri Dec 14 21:35:29 AEST 1990

>From article <718 at brchh104.bnr.ca>, by convex!datri at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Anthony A. Datri):
> Our 4.1.1 has been tricking in.  Today we got the release notes, and
> everything I see speaks of scratch installs, with no mention of updates.
> Do we really have to do a scratch install for this microrelease?

Some official statemants of SUN Germany said that 4.1.1 is a full install
and only full-install. The manuals are upgrades, though.

Some other semi-official statements from SUG members of Sun claimed that
4.1 is a pre-released 4.1 beta version. So 4.1.1 is the real 4.1. In this
light it is no wonder to have 4.1.1 as a full install release, not a
microrelease.