SCSI device drivers

gaw at mercury.acc.com gaw at mercury.acc.com
Wed Dec 12 00:15:56 AEST 1990

I am trying to gather information concerning SCSI device drivers for SUN
OS.  The standard manual that comes with SUN OS, "Writing Device Drivers"
does not provide any in depth information into the interface to the SCSI
bus.  It does reference two documents, "SCSI Implementation Guide" and
"SCSA: SUN Common SCSI Architecture".  Has anyone out there written a
device driver for a device on the SCSI bus and if so could they tell me if
these manuals are worth obtaining?  Secondly are there any gotchas that
are not documented anywhere?  How compatible is the SUN SCSI bus with that
of other vendors, hardware and software wise?  Any other information on
this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Glen A. Warholic
gaw at mercury.acc.com
Advanced Computer Communications