New version of vttool - vt100 emulator for terminals, SunView and X

barnett at crdgw1.ge.com barnett at crdgw1.ge.com
Tue Dec 11 08:40:06 AEST 1990

I am sending sun-spots my new version of vttool. I put this version on the
Software Exchange machine while at SUG.

What is vttool? It is three different programs.

It can be used as a vt100 emulator for terminals, SunView or X Windows.
It can also be used to add mouse-clickable function keys to any tty-based
program running under SunView or X windows.

The three programs are:
	vtem - converts vt100 escape sequences to termcap sequences.
		Runs on any reasonable terminal - emulates a VT52,
		VT100, VT102. JQ Johnson (jqj at rt-jqj.stanford.edu)
		made many improvements over the earlier version.
	vttool - SunView program that adds mouse-buttons to any
		tty-based program. It now does keyboard remapping.
	        This lets you use arrow keys with auto-repeat.
	xvttool - X windows (XView 2.0 ) version of vttool.

When xvttool is executed as xtntool, it can be used with tn3270 and
perform 3270 terminal emulation. vttool and xvttool can also be used with
other tty-based programs that might benefit from labeled function keys.
You can also map your function keys to send certain sequences, and even
remap your tab and delete key - on a per window basis.

Bruce G. Barnett	barnett at crd.ge.com	uunet!crdgw1!barnett

[[Ed's Note: IMPORTANT: Please, please - when you submit things to the
archives, please make sure your shar files are at most 20k long. There are
a *lot* of people who have gateways that won't take things bigger than 20k
(either uunet or cs.utexas.edu for one, I believe!). Someday I'm going to
have to go through the archives and break things up, but it would save me
a lot of hassle if you guys could just do them as you submit them. -bdg]]

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filenames: vttool.shar.{123}
	Filesizes: 213353 bytes in 3 files

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source vttool.shar.{123}