User Interface Builder Program for OpenWindows 2.0 ??

Francois Felix INGRAND felix at ai.sri.com
Sat Dec 1 08:16:17 AEST 1990

In article <393 at brchh104.bnr.ca> matrix!venkat at uunet.uu.net (D Venkatrangan) writes:
   In article <1990Oct31.235932.22922 at rice.edu> carnone at homxc.att.com (Christopher Arnone) writes:
   >Does anyone know of or use a user interface development system that runs
   >for OpenWindows 2.0?  I keep hearing that Sun or some third party is
   >coming out with one that provides tools similar to those found on the NeXT
   >machine.  Thanks.....

   Try OpenWindows Developer's Guide from SUN.  Part number 800-5381-10,
   version 1.1.  This is really a very good package.  It allows you to your
   custom-code to co-exist with generated UI code, an important consideration
   if your UI is constantly evolving.  As far as I know, it can only generate
   C code though.  For $250 it is a definitely worth every $.

Not quite, I think it can also generate C++, and if you have Sun Lisp 4.0,
you can get some Common Lisp/CLOS code.

Francois Felix INGRAND                          SRI International, AIC
felix at AI.SRI.COM                                333, Ravenswood Avenue
(415) 859-5584                                  MENLO PARK, CA 94025, USA