Sunview tooltool mods sought

Chuck Musciano chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Sun Dec 9 09:07:00 AEST 1990

> BTW, does anybody know if an Openwindows version of tooltool is in the
> works?  We would love to have one.  The other change I'd like to see is an
> easy way for the application to communicate to the tooltool program.

Real Soon Now, I will start working on an X version of tooltool, using the
OPEN LOOK look and feel.  This is a major rework, and will take some time.
I have a list of feature requests as long as my arm, and I'm trying to
work them all in.

It is not clear that the "app talks to tooltool" feature will be
available, since I don't yet know the full ramification of the XView tty
window.  Don't hold your breath, though.

I appreciate the widespread inerest in tooltool, and ask that users bear
with me.  Tooltool is no longer my full-time job, so I can only work on it
when other demands on my time diminish.

Someone, whose name I have lost, has a direct X port of tooltool.  This
may be sufficient for many people.  If this person recontacts me, perhaps
we can work a distribution of this port as an interim solution.

Chuck Musciano				ARPA  : chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Harris Corporation 			Usenet: ...!uunet!x102a!trantor!chuck
PO Box 37, MS 3A/1912			AT&T  : (407) 727-6131
Melbourne, FL 32902			FAX   : (407) 729-2537