accept(), listen(), and poll(): SunOS 4.0

Alan M. Carroll carroll at cs.uiuc.edu
Sat Dec 8 11:52:00 AEST 1990

I'm trying to use poll() on SunOS with a socket that is listen()'ing.
poll() consistently returns immediately with POLLNVAL set in revents. TFM
says that one can select() on a listen()'ing socket (and I can get that to
work), but doesn't mention poll(). Does poll() not work on such sockets on
SunOS 4.0?

P.S. I just tested this on a 4.1 machine, and it seems to work there.

Alan M. Carroll                "It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy,
Epoch Development Team          I'll get a saw."
CS Grad / U of Ill @ Urbana    ...{ucbvax,pur-ee,convex}!cs.uiuc.edu!carroll