seqmap_release & ialloc panics

George Planansky gplan at umb.umb.edu
Mon Jul 2 04:20:41 AEST 1990

Our Sun 3/280 (4.03) server has just panicked twice, with the messages:
  panic: ialloc: dupalloc
  panic: segmap_release addr

Also, with no one but me on, trying the editors on the 3/280 or its
diskless 3/60 clients;

emacs:
  Fatal error (4).Illegal instruction
vi:
  ld.so call to undefined procedure ioctl from0x4018e

I gather stuff isn't loading right or getting read from memory right, but
I don't know these error reports.  If you could tell me what the error
messages mean, and point me to the cause, I'd appreciate knowing.  Could
this be connected to a swap space problem?

Please email to me (try the second address if the first bounces).

George Planansky                      email:  gplanansky.aer.com
Atmospheric & Environmental Research  email:  gplan%umb.edu at RELAY.CS.NET
Cambridge, MA USA                     voice:  (617) 547-6207