Advice sought on hard drives

Jonathan DeMarrais jed%pollux.usc.edu at usc.edu
Tue Jul 17 07:24:32 AEST 1990

We have a Sun 3-110 computer which will be upgraded to run unix 4.0.3.  We
also want to upgrade the hard disk to either a Micropolis 1588 (770 MB,
SCSI interface compatible) or a Seagate hard disk (approx. 880 MB, SCSI
interface).  The questions we have are:

1. How do we interface these hard disks, (if possible at all)?
2. Where do we buy a controller and interfacing hardware?
3. Can we get recommendation from someone who had done something like this
   and which hard disk you would recommend?
4. We are running custom turn key image analysis software, would anyone
   think we may end up with some software incompatibility?

--- Jay      jed at pollux.usc.edu          (University of Southern California)