NFS Problems (from a novice user)

Christopher Arnone carnone at homxc.att.com
Tue Jul 3 06:39:29 AEST 1990

I recently had to add a diskless Sun 3/80 client to a Sun 3/80 standalone.
I followed the documentation describing how to convert my standalone
system to an NFS server.  Everything went according to plan, except that
when I used the "setup_client" command, I had to put the swap space for
the client in "/usr/swap" instead of "/export/swap".  All went well
however.  The client boots up just fine, but occasionally reports "NFS
write error type 13" on the server during network transactions.  In
additon, "sundiag" on the client reports seek errors on FD 0.  "Sundiag"
on the server shows both drives pass diagnostics OK.  Basically, I'm lost
at this point.  Can anyone offer some insight??  I can't believe that the
disks on my server (was a standalone) are bad because they never exhibited
any problems up to now.  Please respond via email.  Thanks in
advance...........

						Chris Arnone
						attbl!homxc!carnone