xdc0: system lost interrupt from controller. SOFTWARE RECOVERED

Mark Prior mrp at ucs.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Jul 27 18:21:43 AEST 1990

Since installing a Wren-VII that shares the SCSI Bus with a Sun cartridge
tape unit we have been getting these messages for both our SMD-4
controllers.  Anyone seen this before and know what is happening? Sun here
in Adelaide have the attitude that if you install non-Sun hardware on your
system then it's your problem (great for a company that promotes "open
systems").

The machine in question is a Sun-4/260S running SunOS 4.0.3 and each
controller controls one "Sun" 892MB drive.

It definately seems to be an interaction caused by accessing the Wren, as
when we dismounted the Wren's partitions the messages stopped.

Any help that people can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark.