Sun 3/160 Memory Expansion

Anthony A. Datri convex!datri at uunet.uu.net
Sun Jul 15 03:36:45 AEST 1990

>The Sun 3/160 in our lab is handicapped -- it has only four megs of RAM.
>Unfortunately, my advisors seem to think that expanding the memory to 8 or
>more megs will cost a fortune.  Is their anyone out their who is current
>on where to get such memory cheaply?

Perhaps the most flexible and perhaps cheapest way is to get a plug-in
board that takes SIMMS.  Traditional memory boards for the 3/1xx are chips
soldered onto the board, and tend to be expensive.  I believe that both
Solflower and Parity offer such products.  Parity's number is (408)
354-1500, and they're in Los Gatos, Ca.  I think unpopulated boards go for
~$600, and you can get SIMMS from Parity (or whoever) for ever-decreasing
prices.

(others may have such boards; I don't know about them) (I have no
affiliation with either above company) --