SunOS 3.2 --> 3.5 OS Incompatibilities?

John Lindwall lindwall%mbongo at ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 4 06:56:05 AEST 1990

We are running SunOS 3.2 on our Sun 3/110.  We have an application program
which is crashing on a different Sun 3 which is running SunOS 3.5.  The
application is not using any heavy duty OS dependent stuff except perhaps
use of the CGI library.  Is there any problems with executing binaries
compiled under 3.2 on a machine running 3.5?

The application does not core dump on the 3.5 system: according to
reports, the window just disappears without displaying any error messages
or core dump.  Thanks!

John Lindwall			lindwall at ucsd.edu
"Oh look at me! I'm all flooby! I'll be a son of a gun!" -- Flaming Carrot