DECnet node address changes

CCTR114 at canterbury.ac.nz CCTR114 at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Jul 9 11:15:00 AEST 1990

We are running  Sunlink DNI here and I need to change our Sun's DECnet
address. As I understand the procedure one needs to do the following

1. Set the node state to off (see Sunlink DNI System Admin. Guide p47)
2. Change the node address in the volatile database.
3. Change the node address in the premanant database.
4. Set the node state to on.

I have figured out from the manual how to do steps 2 and 3. Does anyone
known how to accomplish steps 1 and 4 ? Steps 2 and 3 do not work while
the node state is on. The manual is not very clear on how to turn the
operational state of a node on and off.

Thank  you for any help.

Bill Rea   w.rea at canterbury.ac.nz