Printmail script calls 'getfield', nowhere defined

Jonathan.Bowen at prg.oxford.ac.uk Jonathan.Bowen at prg.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jul 19 18:28:36 AEST 1990

Regarding a problem report on voice mail from Johnathan Bowen:

>Date: Tue, 17 Jul 90 14:59:13 CDT
>From: Mahlon Stacy  4-4558 <mcs at edu.mayo>
>Subject: printmail script calls 'getfield', nowhere defined
>
>Just tried to use your wonderful programs for voice_mail today, found
>that printmail calls 'getfield' which is not apparently defined on my
>system. Can you point me to a description of this?
>
>SUBJECT=`getfield Subject $TMP`

Something like

SUBJECT=`< $TMP sed -n '1,/^$/p' | grep '^Subject:' | head -1`

would probably work just as well. Otherwise "getfield" is available from
the PRG archive here, by sending a command of

	send prog getfield.shar

to <archive-server at prg.oxford.ac.uk>. I am happy for this (or any other
PRG archive server software to be installed on the archive server at
"rice.edu". A command of "index prog" lists all the programs and "help"
give info on using the archive server.

Thanks for your interest.

Jonathan Bowen, Oxford University