Using CD drives on Sun AND Macs

Lawrence J. Samuels samuels at cod.nosc.mil
Wed Jul 18 08:16:28 AEST 1990

My working group and I want to buy a CD ROM for use with our Macintoshs.
I was wondering if we buy the right CD drive, can we expect to be able to
use it with our Sun machines, assuming we have an appropriate driver?
Does anyone have experience doing this?

I can see it might be a function of the device driver, the actual drive,
and the CD format - can anyone think of other incompatibilities?

Although this is not something everyone wants to do, probably, it might be
worth posting replies to the net to share with everyone.  Of course, email
replies are welcome;  if anyone writes me, I'll send them summaries of the
replies I receive.

Many thanks for the help!

Larry Samuels
samuels at nosc.mil