crash(8) under SunOS 4.1

Dan & ehrlich at psuvax1.cs.psu.edu
Mon Jul 16 23:04:10 AEST 1990

We have had a few mysterious system hangs of late on one of our 4/490s and
I would like to try and look at the crash dump from the latest one.  I
have looked at crash(8) and panic(8S) but the information there is skimpy
at best.  Does anyone know where I can find more detailed information
regarding crash dump analysis than the minimal material in the crash(8)
and panic(8S) man pages?  Or do I have to wait until our source tapes
arrive?

Also, does the analyze program exists anymore under 4.1?  The man page is
there, but I can not find a program to go with it.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich at cs.psu.edu>/Voice: +1 814 863 1142/FAX: +1 814 865 3176