Sendmail problems

Chris Hook hook at geog.ubc.ca
Tue Jul 17 01:57:00 AEST 1990

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this one. I get a barage of
sendmail errors from other machines on the network, where the machine I am
on is the YP master.  (note: there is no program sending mail to the YP
master machine.  Also, this problem has only surfaced since installing
SunOS 4.1 on all our machines two-three weeks ago. All machines concerned
are SS1 or SS1+'s, and have the GENERIC kernel install of the sun
distribution media. And by the way, the directory /usr/sppol/mqueue is
where its supposed to be on all machines).

Here's the error messages (notice comes each hour).

mqueue" as ".": No such file or directory
Jul 16 05:55:38 leghorn sendmail[19762]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR: orderq: cannot open "/usr/spool/
mqueue" as ".": No such file or directory
Jul 16 06:55:38 leghorn sendmail[19763]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR: orderq: cannot open "/usr/spool/
mqueue" as ".": No such file or directory
Jul 16 07:55:38 leghorn sendmail[19764]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR: orderq: cannot open "/usr/spool/
mqueue" as ".": No such file or directory

Thanks,

Chris Hook
hook at geog.ubc.ca