Hardware - Emulex Drive Controllers

Bob Houvener rocket!houvener at uunet.uu.net
Wed Jul 11 04:38:08 AEST 1990

Has anyone successfully used Emulex MD25 controllers on Sparcstations with
Fujitsu M2263E 800mb ESDI drives. If so, I would be interested in the
format.dat entry used for the format. I have heard that they may not be
able to be formatted on the SS1 but may run their ok, can anyone comment
on this. I have various sun3's and 4's so I am interested in the entry
even if they must be formatted on another machine.  Please mail directly
to me since I often fall behind on my sun-spots reading.

                 e-mail:
                      ..!uunet!rocket!houvener
                 (or) @uunet.uu.net:houvener at rocket.uucp
                 (or) ..!decvax!savax!rocket!houvener