Interleaf Network Licenses on Sun3

Gerhard Holzer rcvie!cc_gucky at relay.eu.net
Wed Jul 25 22:55:37 AEST 1990

In our company we use Interleaf for documentation.  First we had some Sun3
(~15) and we bought about 10 licenses bound to the hostid of 10 machines.

Afterwards we bought only Sparcs (about 30 4/6x) and we decided to use
Interleaf also on our SS1's but we wanted Network licenses for all our
machines.  So we tried to upgrade our machine licenses to network licenses
and payed for additional licenses.

I talked 3(!) times to 3(!) different people of Interleaf (one was from
their technical staff) and they all told me that we need only the network
tape for Sun4 because a password server on a Sun4 can serve different
architectures.  Now we got it and now we don't have the image "tps.inl" on
Sun3 which forces interleaf to look for a network license and not for a
hostid license.

So is anywhere inside this network somebody who could grant me this image.
Because I don't want to pay for a tape full of software, where I want only
ONE image, which I don't need, how I was informed by Interleaf. ;-(