Selections and the text_extras menu

David R. Linn drl at vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jul 10 07:13:38 AEST 1990

I want to add a "Quote" mechanism to my text_extras menu.  I want to be
able to mark a block of text (primary selection), move the cursor back to
a textsw (specifically a Mailtool compose window), select "QUOTE" from the
text_extras menu, and have the marked text pass thru a filter into the
textsw.

This works fine if the selection is in the textsw already but not from one
textsw to another.  I of course want it to work when the text to be quoted
is in another window (specifically a Mailtool reading window).

Suggestions?  (please none specific to mail, I'm looking for a SunView
answer)

	 David

David Linn - drl at vuse.vanderbilt.edu