X on aging suns (1000U, 2/120, 2/50)

Michael Lewis ml at unix.cis.pitt.edu
Wed Jul 25 05:05:44 AEST 1990

We have recently acquired a collection of aging SUN's including 1000U's,
2/120's, and 2/50's which we wish to use in an X environment along with
our current 3/50's (deadeningly slow themselves) and a new 4/470S
sparcserver.  I seem to recall a posting earlier this year (in
comp.windows.x) on success in using 2/120's as x-terminals..  We'd
appreciate any advice, experience, or strategies for configuring a
reasonable work/teaching environment out of our motley collection.  If you
have help or suggestions please reply or mail to:

    Mike Lewis (interested faculty) ml at pigeon.lis.pitt.edu
    Deb Wilson (lab director) dlw at idis.lis.pitt.edu
    Chas DiFatta (sys admin) chas at idis.lis.pitt.edu

                      -Mike Lewis