Andataco Exabyte subsystem

David E. Bernholdt bernhold at orange.qtp.ufl.edu
Wed Jul 4 02:36:10 AEST 1990

In article <8842 at brazos.Rice.edu> terry at eesun1.eece.ksu.edu (Terry Hull) writes:

>Is this what the rest of you Exabyte users experience?  I can't afford to
>have two of these things sitting around just to keep one working, and
>neither can I afford to have my primary backup device down half of the
>time.  Am I crazy for even considering an Exabyte as a primary backup
>method?  If I buy one, does it need to be on maintenance?

We just had out Exabyte fail for the first time in two years of routine
use (nightly backups).  We shipped it off to Exabyte & they had it back to
us in 8 days.  They wanted an open P.O. authorized for up to $700.  We
haven't gotten the actual bill yet.

Be sure you put the return authorization number on there in big friendly
letters -- they returned ours initially because the claimed it didn't have
one.  It did -- they just didn't see it, apparently.

David Bernholdt			bernhold at qtp.ufl.edu
Quantum Theory Project		bernhold at ufpine.bitnet
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL  32611		904/392 6365