Requesting Experiences with NSE

Jon Forrest mtxinu!sybase!orion!forrest at ucbvax.berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 14 08:15:06 AEST 1990

In article <9784 at brazos.Rice.edu> ndc!david at csvax.caltech.edu (David Lim) writes:

>Going over the back issues of Sun-spots, I see that the last discussion on
>NSE was way back in May of 1989. We are currently considering buying NSE
>for software control. I would like to hear about people's experiences and
>opinions about NSE.

I've never used NSE but one way I evaluate similar products is to find out
if they are used internally by their vendor to manage complex projects.
For example, does Sun use NSE to develop NSE?  Does Sun use NSE to develop
SunOS? I have no idea what the answers to these questions are but if
either is "no" then I'd wonder why not.

Anything you read here is my opinion and in no way represents Sybase, Inc.

Jon Forrest WB6EDM
forrest at sybase.com
{pacbell,sun,{uunet,ucbvax}!mtxinu}!sybase!forrest
415-596-3422