Using only part of physical memory

Roy Smith roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu
Sat Jul 21 03:34:45 AEST 1990

Is there any easy way to tell SunOS to only use a fraction of the
available physical memory?  I have a 3/50 (running 3.5.2) on my desk with
an expansion memory card (total of 8) but it's not easy for me to evaluate
how much good it really does.  I have page and swap perfmeters up all the
time but it's hard to make comparisons.  I want to be able to reboot my
machine every morning and tell it to use 4, 6, 8, whatever meg on a given
day so I can get a feel for how the machine works with N meg installed
without having to physically take the memory out and put it back in each
time.

455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu -OR- {att,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy
"Arcane?  Did you say arcane?  It wouldn't be Unix if it wasn't arcane!"