Patch for 4.1 mount available from Sun

Brent Callaghan brent at terra.eng.sun.com
Tue Jul 24 16:01:20 AEST 1990

In article <10148 at brazos.Rice.edu>, canon!laukee at relay.eu.net (David Lau-Kee) writes:
> thakur at zerkalo.harvard.edu (Manavendra K. Thakur) writes:
>
> >There is a bug in the 4.1 mount command that prevents the machine from
> >mounting NFS filesystems from non-Sun machines.  The relevant Bug IDs are
> >1040275 and 1036952.
>
> Does anyone have more information on this bug?  Exactly what is failing?
> I appear to be able to mount my NeXT partitions on Suns running 4.1.

SunOS 4.1 adds a new version of the MOUNT protocol (version 2) that
includes a procedure to provide POSIX pathconf support.  The SunOS 4.1
mount command was modified to try a bind to version 2 followed by a
fallback to version 1 if version 2 is not supported.

The patch description is NOT correct.  The new mount logic works correctly
for almost all non-Sun implementations of NFS except for Silicon Graphics
and Prime.

Made in New Zealand -->  Brent Callaghan  @ Sun Microsystems
			 uucp: sun!bcallaghan
			 phone: (415) 336 1051