Recently posted Sun CG6 X11R4 Patchh

Daniel R. Ehrlich ehrlich at cs.psu.edu
Tue Jul 3 23:28:11 AEST 1990

|----8< Included Message >8-------

|Unfortunately R4 does not support the GX. Until Sun will adapt Xsun to
|there hardware (hopefully!) I use following little 'quick and dirty'
|patch. It accelerates only simple bitblock moves within the screen, but is
|very useful in xterm-scrolling and opaque-moves.
|
|Martin.

We have applied this patch to the X11R4 server code (with MIT fixes
through fix 12) and have noticed that with large windows (i.e. more than
half of the screen's surface) scrolling text creates garbage.  Old lines
are interspaced with the new text and sometinmes it would appear that
lines are dropped all together.  Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
If so, does anyone have a suggested fixed?  I am going to back out the
patch later today.

Thanks in advance.

-- Dan Ehrlich