What are the autorepeat timing values under SunView?

ted at cs.brown.edu ted at cs.brown.edu
Fri Jul 6 20:37:04 AEST 1990

I'm a long time SunView user/programmer who now finds that I must use X
occasionally.  Under X it annoys me to no end that the autorepeat is too
fast.  According to the documentation, Xsun can be started as follows:

	Xsun -ar1 milliseconds -ar2 milliseconds

where the two milliseconds values control the behavior of the keyboard
autorepeat.  The first specifies the delay before autorepeat is engaged.
The second specifies the delay between generated characters while
autorepeat is in effect.  Does anyone know or know where to find what
these values are under SunView?  I'm quite used to the SunView behavior of
autorepeat and would like to setup my X environment to behave the same
way.

Tony Davis
ted at cs.brown.edu