Question about ratio of SUN workstations per SA

Tony Tran tran at bungi.com
Tue Jul 17 17:15:44 AEST 1990

We (the two SAs) are currently taking care of a network of about 400+ SUNs
workstations, 45 of which are servers, the rest are mostly diskless
clients workstations. Our users are mostly office automation users (who
are extremely naive about the Unix environment-i.e some will attempt to
enter login name at the ">" boot prompt (workstation is down)) with a
smaller percentage of support engineers and software developers. I am
curious as to what you think is the ideal ratio of SA per SUN
workstations. Do you think a SA per 200 Sun workstations is a fairly good
ratio ?

Please reply directly to me and I will summarize if there is enough interest.

Thanks in advance,
Tony
tran at bungi.com