Sparcstation Speed?

Don A. Kreinbrink dak at super.org
Sat Jul 21 12:07:47 AEST 1990

Help!  I have a perplexing problem with a Sparcstation1.  The following
program runs in about 8.3 sec MOST of the time on my Sparc.  However, on a
frequent but intermittent basis it runs much, much slower (42 sec and up).
I have been unable to find any change in load avg, swaps, etc. to warrant
this big of a difference.  Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Sparcstation1  12Mbyte  SunOS 4.0.3

#include <stdio.h>
main()
{