DBX can't differentiate funcs from structs?

Tom Mellman motcid!mellman at uunet.uu.net
Tue Jul 31 06:22:10 AEST 1990

I have both a procedure and a structure called nsuResetReq.  If I try to
put a breakpoint in the procedure as follows:

	(dbxtool) stop in nsuResetReq
	more than one module or procedure named `nsuResetReq'

If I enter:
	(dbxtool) whereis nsuResetRes
	function:       `nsustubs`nsuResetReq
	variable:       `nsustubs`nsuResetReq
	function:       `nsustubs`nsuResetReq
	typeid: `ns`nsuResetReq

Now, I don't know what this means, but I (obviously) have only one
function called nsuResetReq, and NO typedefs by that name.  And only one
structure by that name.

If I enter:
	(dbxtool) which nsuResetReq
	`nsustubs`nsuResetReq

No matter what my scope currently is.  Is dbx too stupid to differentiate
between procedures and structures?  Is there any way I can qualify the
name to get the procedure?  I've tried a number of different syntaxes, but
none of them work.

While I'm on the topic, is there any way I can get the address of a source
line - without single stepping - so that I can disassemble the line using
the '/' command?  Is there any way to automatically repeat the '/' command
on the next instruction, a la adb (or sdb, I believe).

Is there any better documentation that will answer some of the more subtle
questions?  Thanks to all who have made it this far,

Thomas Mellman