Dump says corrupted directory in Pass II

Bruce Allen ballen at csd4.csd.uwm.edu
Wed Jul 18 11:15:28 AEST 1990

SparcStation 1, 4.0.3: I have gotten an error message from "dump", which
is shown below:

  DUMP: Date of this level 5 dump: Tue Jul 17 20:01:25 1990
  DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: Thu Jun 21 20:25:21 1990
  DUMP: Dumping /dev/rsd3h (/home) to /dev/nrst0
  DUMP: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
  DUMP: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
  DUMP: (This should not happen)bread from /dev/rsd3h
			[block 136768]: count=8192, got=-1
  DUMP: corrupted directory, inumber 45100
  DUMP: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
  DUMP: estimated 76582 blocks (37.39MB) on 0.26 tape(s).
		.
		.
		.
	(dump now continues on normally)

I have checked the filesystem using fsck, both non-interactively and
interactively.  fsck reports no errors.  How can I find the supposedly
corrupted directory, starting from the information given above?  How can
this problem be corrected or rectified?  System is apparently working fine
- I have not noticed any problems.

(Note: anyone responding should assume that I have a Unix IQ just slightly
above brain-dead...)