Anybody seen this?

Ellery Chan ellery at trantor.harris-atd.com
Fri Jul 6 06:39:16 AEST 1990

In article <9551 at brazos.Rice.edu> you write:
|> Hardware/Software: Sun 3/80, diskless, SunOS 4.1, generic kernel
|>
|> Boot the machine, it prints "Warning: TOD clock not initialized...".  So,
|> I run the "date" command to initialize it.  This usually fixes this on
|> most machines.  Boot the machine again, and it still complains about the
|> TOD clock not being initialized.

<various futile workarounds attempted>

|> Anybody got any solutions?
|>
|> Dave Curry
|> SRI International

Under Known Problems in the Special Notes on SunOS Release 4.1:

"Sun-3/80 Users Must Reset the Date After Powering Up:  Every time a
Sun-3/80 running SunOS release 4.1 is shut off and then powered up again,
the date must be reset..."

You didn't mention powering down, but could this be the root of your
problem?

 Ellery Chan                     | ARPA  : ellery at trantor.harris-atd.com
 Harris Corp., MS 3A-1912        | USENET: ...!uunet!x102a!trantor!ellery
 PO Box 37, Melbourne, FL  32902 | AT&T  : (407) 729-3364