sps for SunOS 4.1

Paul Kranenburg kranenbu at s5.cs.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Jul 18 23:50:13 AEST 1990

After upgrading to SunOS 4.1, I noticed with regret that sps(l) did no
longer work. I had become rather fond of the way sps displayed the
parent-child relationships between processes, so I set out and try to do
the port to SunOS 4.1.

I now have a working version available. Here is a short overview of the
changes that were necessary:

- stream.c: allow for linked list structure of streams 'table'.
- findtty.c: allow for new `struct sess' to controlling terminal.
- globals2.c: `_uunix' in stead of `_u' (???).
              punted `_inode' (replaced by ???).
- filecount.c: inspect ofiles in user struct only (NOFILE_IN_U).
- Compile with `-DSUNOS41' (Makefile.sun.4.1).

Having no access to SunOS sources, I am not certain if just changing `_u'
to `_uunix' is the right thing to do. Also, I was not able to find a
reasonable substitute for `_inode'. These symbols are used to display a
symbolic wait state, so only the output of `sps -l' is affected.

A set of diff's is available from `archive-server at cs.leidenuniv.nl' by
sending a message:

	send source sps.sunos41.diff.shar

Since my original copy of sps has been submerged in BITNET for too long a
time, these diffs may not work flawlessly. I will submit a proper diff to
comp.sys.sun as soon as I can get my hands on an unmutilated version of
sps from the RICE archives.

Cheers,
--P. Kranenburg, Dept. C. Sc., Leiden, NL.
  e-mail: pk at cs.leidenuniv.nl